IN LIGHT OF COVID-19
In following guidelines from the Peterborough Public Health Unit and the Ontario Government we can welcome 4 groups of 10 at a time.
Each group will have a designated area and be separated from other groups by a full set of lanes.
We will have sanitation stations and each participant will be provided with his/her own designated hatchet for the event.
Masks are mandatory. We encourage you to bring one although we have them if you forget.
Ok, now let’s have some fun!
How it Works
The Peterborough Axe Club is an incredible place to host birthdays, bachelor/bachelorette parties, corporate events, fundraisers or any other get-together where you want to do something different. These parties are normally for groups between 6 and 70 people, but due to COVID-19 we can only take groups of 6-10.
All booked events come with your own experienced instructor(s) who will coach you on how to throw like a lumberjack-ninja hybrid! We’ll make sure your get-together is safe and ton of fun!
Your instructor will start by teaching safety; then they will teach you how to throw hatchets during the practice session. From there they will organize your group into a round robin tournament, call the games and score the games.
There is a brief break where you will be taught some trick shots; and when we return from the break your group will be seeded into a bracket elimination tournament bringing the whole group down to one winner-takes-all-I’m-better-than-everyone-oh-look-at-how-great-I-am champion!
That champion will also receive our “Champ Card” letting them play for free the next time they are in with a group of 6 or more.
Selecting Dates and Times / Checking Availability
- Check out our Availability Page to check availability and Book Your Group!
Important Details (please read!)
- Cost for your private event is $31/person + tax.
- There is a $105.10 deposit required which will be processed at the last step of the event registration process. The deposit covers the cost of you and two others, so on the day of the event you will not pay for gameplay and the other two will pay you back for their gameplay.
Length of Time
- The whole process takes about 2.5 hrs and is more fun than you’ll know what to do with!
- We suggest that participants be 9+ to ensure that they are strong enough to throw the hatchets.
- Please wear close toed shoes. Don’t worry, you’re safe… but wear’em!
- VERY IMPORTANT! All cancellations must be done at least 5 days before the event date to enable others to book the lanes you no longer want. Cancellations are done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Reducing Your Group Size (Ignore during COVID-19)
- If you need to reduce your group size to a number that requires fewer lanes (e.g. you booked the 11-20 group size [which needs 2 lane sets] but now have only 9 people which falls into the 6-10 group size [which only needs 1 lane set]) please email us at email@example.com to let us know at least 5 days before the event date.
- Bookings that reduce numbers within the 5 day period are expected to cover the minimum number of attendees for the number of lanes booked (ie booking for 11-20 people will utilize 2 lane sets. If only 9 people show up or only 9 decide to throw, the party is expected to cover the cost of at least 11 people; which is the minimum number of people needed for the 2 lane sets that were reserved).