How it works
We have up to 30 youth throwing on Monday League Nights for 8 weeks straight! That’s a lot of axe throwing, so make sure to do your pushups! During the 8 weeks, 7 of those will be regulation play (where you will be throwing about 4 matches on your league night).
The last week is playoff night where the 16 top scoring throwers square off in a double-elimination tournament. The season winner will leave with his/her head held high and under the gaze of admiration from fellow competitors!
- All youth playing must have waivers signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- It is up to the parent or legal guardian to organize drop-off and pick-up at appropriate times according to the operating hours of the Peterborough Axe Club. In short, we’re not responsible for you child hanging out in the cold with the wolves and bears!
- Close toe’d shoes must be worn to play.
- An active email in needed for registration.
The cost for an axe throwing season is $100 + HST.
While you don’t have to bring your own axe to the league (or events), axes can be purchased through us for $20. You can bring your own axe but it must have a wooden handle and be between 1.25-1.75 lbs. Please note, you’re probably going to break an axe at some point (because you’re buff like that!) so you’ll want to get a couple.
Okay, let’s get you signed up for one of the axe throwing leagues nights.
- High school ages (13-17)
- Doors open a 5:30pm (to give you some warm-up time)
- League play runs from 6:30pm – 9:30pm
Current Sign Up Dates
- Monday: Starting March 12th, 2018 (and onward for 8 weeks)
- You do NOT need a PayPal account to pay on their website.
- Simply click the “Pay with Credit Card or Visa” button that appears below their sign-in form.
Alright, so you want the details? There are a few things you might want to know about being in a league.
We get it. Life is busy and maybe you can’t make it out every week. Do you have to feel bad about that? A little. Because axe throwing is awesome and you missed even one little piece of it. But really, should you be worried? No. It’s not like this is your job. We can catch up on games you missed; we can deal if you have to show up late; we can make it work if you have to skip out early. So just sign up!
But we do have a few rules put together to make sure its fair for everybody and we don’t drop games from the schedule. Check out all the nitty-gritty in the link below.
Oh yeah, also. There is a National Axe Throwing Federation Championship Tournament. Do you know what that means? That means that you can be a National Axe Throwing Champion. That. Is. Cool.
But how? …Well listen up!.. You earn your spot by playing in leagues. Ok, not just playing, you kinda have to clean up. Taking the top spots in league standings and playoff tournaments through the year will earn you Champ Points that are used to figure out if you will represent Peterborough Axe Club at the big-time.
Stats and Schedules
Check back here for league standings once the Youth League gets up and running.