Axe Throwing Community Challenge
Register Now!Peterborough Paramedics & Beyond – Haiti 2019 is hosting a fund raiser inviting the community as well as the four 911 departments to an axe throwing challenge! On November 18th, 2018 you are invited to battle it out in an axe throwing tournament hosted at the Peterborough Axe Club. The winners will gain glory and fame!
Date / Time / Location
Date: November 18th, 2018
Time: Show up at the time you’ve registered for.
Location: The Peterborough Axe Club [280 Perry St. Unit 1]
Please be advised that pictures or video may be taken for paper or television purposes.
Participants can sign on to teams (if you don’t have a team, just pick one).
Participants will play in a hatchet throwing, round-robin tournament. Wins from the tournament will be used to seed them into a bracket tournament until there is one lane champion. Those champions will be pitted against each other for the overall champion title.
Please note closed toed shoes are required for safety.
Peterborough Paramedics & Beyond is excited to once again, send a medical team to Grand Goave, Haiti, in February 2019. This will be our 6th trip working closely with a non-profit humanitarian organization called Hope Grows (hopegrows.ca).
The goal of Hope Grows was to build a clinic that would allow medical teams or trained individuals to have a place to treat the sick and injured. A clinic where these precious people would be seen and treated without any cost to them. A place where suffering can be eased and hope is renewed. A place where medical teams can be equipped to travel to the mountain villages. In 2016 this goal was accomplished. Peterborough Paramedics had the privilege of opening and using the clinic for the first time.
The goals of the Peterborough Paramedics & Beyond – Haiti Project 2019 are…
- Restock the clinick with needed supplies and medications;
- To assist Hope Grows in funding a hatian doctor and nurse per year (~$6000);
- To provide medical care to the mountain sections surrounding Grande Goave;
- To educate the people of Grande Goave in the areas of health and wellness;
- To assist Hope Grows in meeting their needs where necessary;
- To raise funds for the expansion of the existing clinic for specialized care: (trauma; minor surgery; recovery phase; ears, eyes, nose & throat – ENT)